Sunday, February 26, 2006

Myspace perspectives from Danah Boyd

Danah Boyd is a social networking researcher who also works at Yahoo. Easily one of the brightest observers in this space though I'm not yet convinced that she is a *wise* observer of these things. I'd read her blog and realized she'd have valuable perspectives on Myspace. Here is a great summary of her perspective, though I'm concerned that there may be a generational issue of "parents have the RIGHT and OBLIGATION to know about those tracking and marketing to their kids (e.g. Myspace.com)" that she can't see cuz....she's young and has not yet had the shot 'o wisdom and insight that comes from having children running around in potentially dangerous environments.

JoeDuck's Blog

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I interviewed danah if you are interested in visiting my blog. Yep you are right on, nice blog also, I bookmarked you and will revisit.

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home